Collections and Accounts Receivable
- Monthly assessment statements or payment coupons are issued to all homeowners. These statements include recent transactions and the total outstanding balance. For the homeowners’ convenience, a return envelope is included.
- All payments from owners are accepted and processed. Payments may be submitted via check, money order, or electronic debit (ACH). Daily deposits of revenue are added to the HOA’s operating account.
- Revenue is tracked daily, along with follow-up on delinquent owners and assessments of late fees.
- The HOA Treasurer is advised when placing a lien against delinquent owners is appropriate. Upon Board approval, a lien will be processed in accordance with CA Civil Code.
- When placing a foreclosure against delinquent owners is appropriate, the Treasurer will be advised. Upon Board approval, a foreclosure will be processed in accordance with CA Civil Code.
- All phone calls, letters, and emails from homeowners about their accounts will be answered. Upon an owner’s request, a printout of their “Account History” will be provided.
- All invoices are accepted, reviewed, and processed.
- Electronic payments with utility companies are set up and maintained.
- Each week, checks are processed. They are sent to the Treasurer with a copy of each invoice and a check register detailing all checks processed during the week. Pre-posted envelopes are included for mailing checks to vendors.
- Vendor correspondence is handled with regard to invoices.
- Any new vendors are checked regarding insurance requirements and licensing.
- Periodically, current vendors are checked for insurance requirements and licensing.
- All operating, reserve, and investment accounts and funds are managed.
- Each month or in accordance with the receipt of bank statements, HOA accounts are reconciled.
- Contacts with investment institutions that specialize in HOA investments, such as money market accounts and CDs, can be provided by management upon request.
- Monthly financial reports to the Treasurer and all board members who request a copy will be provided. This monthly report covers all accounts and includes Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Check Register, Accounts Receivable Outstanding List, and additional supplemental material.
- A monthly delinquency report is provided to the Treasurer and all Board members who request a copy.
Budget, Taxes, Reserve Study
- The HOA manager prepares a proposed annual budget and submits it to the Board about 120 days before the end of the fiscal year.
- Upon Board approval, the manager will mail the revised and approved budget to all homeowners, with necessary disclosures and rules package, as required by CA Civil Code.
- Annual tax preparation and financial review is coordinated with the Association’s CPA.
- Vendor 1099 forms are processed and submitted to vendors and to the IRS.
- To assist with the annual reserve study, we will coordinate with a reserve specialist.
Escrows and Refinances
- Escrows and refinances are processed from start to finish, upon request of a homeowner.
- A welcome letter and a copy of the CC&R’s By-Laws and Rules are provided to new homeowners.
- Special mailings and notices will be prepared and mailed to homeowners at the request of the Board.
- Management of all incoming and outgoing correspondence from service providers and homeowners.
- We handle the maintenance and storage of the hard copies of all files.
Maintenance & Architectural Requests
- Via a work order system, all requests for maintenance are processed and monitored.
- Routine requests are forwarded to the appropriate vendors for handling.
- Special and non-routine requests are forwarded for Board approval before proceeding.
- On any project over $1,000.00, up to three bids will be obtained at the request of the Board.
- Upon request, Board members will be provided with the monthly “Work Order History Report.”
- Architectural requests are managed, and feedback is provided to the HOA Board.
A property manager will be assigned to your community and will supervise as follows:
- All duties and activities listed above.
- Daily communication with Board members via phone, e-mail, fax, and mail.
- Acting as a liaison between the HOA Board and all other parties.
- At the Board’s request, attend Membership and Board meetings.
- At the Board’s request, perform site visits and report findings.
- Supervise all contracts, including insurance policies, utility companies, general contractors, and regular service providers.
- Upon request and the approval of the Board, negotiate contracts. Without Board approval, the HOA Manager will not hire or fire service providers.
- The Board will be informed and copied in on important correspondence from service providers and owners.
- Keep the Board informed of any new industry developments and law compliance issues.
- For monthly meetings, a sample agenda is prepared.
- Legal issues are handled in coordination with a lawyer.
- If a file is claimed, coordinate with the insurance claims office.
- The Manager or maintenance manager can be reached via cellphone 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for any maintenance emergency that may arise.
HOA Management Website
- Homeowners are provided with a unique ID and password to access our website.
- Residents in the HOA community can access and download the Association’s Governing Documents, Maps and Minutes in the online portal.